Commitment to the Highest Standards in CME/CPD
Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programs. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group (gCMEp), a member organization contributing to improving health outcomes by:
- Championing best practice in CME/CPD
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Mentoring and educating
- Working in collaboration with critical stakeholders
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates the Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, effective and financially viable medical events.
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan
- Exchange ideas and knowledge in the field of microbiology and infectious disease across continents, institutions, and individuals
- Discuss the latest research outcomes in the field of antimicrobials, molecular biology, virology and infection control.
- Discuss the latest research outcomes in the field of infectious diseases, microbiology and research
- Discuss outcomes of the latest studies in Europe
- Discuss diagnostics, therapeutics and prevention in the field of infectious diseases
ECCMID 2014 is the global meeting place for microbiologists, infectious disease specialists and related fields. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
Accreditation Statement and Credit Designation
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
The 24th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net
The 24th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases is designated for a maximum of, or up to, 23 European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information, visit: www.royalcollege.ca
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
|Saturday, 10 May 2014||6|
|Sunday, 11 May 2014||6|
|Monday, 12 May||6|
|Tuesday, 13 May||5|
To Receive Your CME/CPD Certificate
Your CME/CPD certificate will be delivered electronically after completing the educational evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process will take 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of the CME/CPD accreditation process and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before June 10, 2014:
1. Please follow the link: CME /CPD Certificate
2.Complete the anonymous online evaluation
3. You will be automatically directed to the credit claim system
4. Login with your unique User ID (included in your registration package, on your badge, or in the email sent after the event)
5. Indicate the number of hours you attended
6. Your CME/CPD certificate will be available for download and also emailed to the address provided
7. Retain the certificate for your personal records
Disclosure and Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
To view the disclosure information please click here